Bake eggs in ramekin pots, called ‘en cocotte’, with a smooth ham coating beneath, for a quick and easy lunch break or evening meal that is light and delicious. It simply needs toasted wholemeal bread or baked finger toasts to accompany.
Baked egg recipe
- 5g unsalted butter, softened
- 125g thickly sliced ham, fat removed, diced
- 5 1/2 tbsp double cream
- 4 eggs
- 25g mature Cheddar cheese, finely grated
- Preheat the oven to 180°C ( 160°C fan oven ), gas 4 . Butter 4 ramekin pots generously.
- Separate the ham among the ramekins, then simply spoon 1 tsp of cream into every one. Break an egg into every ramekin. Spoon a single tbsp cream over every single egg, and season.
- Put the cheese over the surfaces.
- Place the ramekins in a not so big roasting tin then add in a good amount of hot water to come halfway up the edges of the pots. Move the tin to the stove and bake for 10-15 min, depending on how well you want the eggs cooked. Serve sizzling .
Find More Recipes by:
Dish Type: Lunch time
Cooking Method: Bake/ Roast
Skill Level: Easy
Leave a comment
From the kitchen of