Blueberry Muffin Cake Ingredients
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 10 ounces blueberries
This cake is definitely a very simple dessert to make and with blueberries has a lovely fresh taste to it. It offers an extremely moist as well as soft crumb similar to a coffee cake. I chosen coconut flour in this particular cake to compliment the blueberries however you can use all purpose flour as a replacement.
In the event that blueberries are not in season use frozen to get the freshest taste but you will be much more satisfied for deciding on the freshest blueberries.
To make it you just need some bowls to combine the ingredients and a 10 inch cast iron skillet however don’t worry if you don’t have one. You can actually use a baking pan of similar size just try to keep the method the same.
Preheat the skillet in the oven as the oven it getting hot. It will help get the slightest crisp crust on the bottom part as well as keeps it together real well. The batter is thick so you will need to spread it to make a fair amount of cake all around.
5 simple steps to prepare Baked in Skillet Homemade Blueberry Muffin Cake:
- Preheat oven with cast iron skillet to 350 degrees.
- In bowl gently whip eggs and whisk together with melted butter, sugar and milk.
- In another bowl mix flours, baking powder, baking soda with salt and mix in to the egg mixture. Fold in the blueberries until mixed.
- Put batter in hot skillet and spread to make even.
- Bake 48-50 mins until a knife placed in middle comes out clean.
Photo by Chiot’s Run