This salad is a mix of warm and cold, with the hot roasted veggies being piled over cold, fresh rocket leaves. Full of vegetable goodness, this low-fat rainbow salad with sweet potato, red onion, parsnip as well as carrots is a treat for the eyes.
Moroccan Salad Recipe
- 2 small sweet potatoes - cut into chunks
- 2 red onions - cut into wedges
- 1 large parsnip - peeled and chopped into chunks
- 2 large carrots - peeled and chopped into chunks
- 1 tbsp ras-el-hanout
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100g bag baby spinach
- 110g pack pomegranate seeds
- 50g light feta cheese - crumbled
- 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
Warm oven to 200C/180C fan (gas 6), line a large baking tray with baking parchment. In bowl, put all together – the veg with the ras el hanout, olive oil and salt with pepper. Set up in one layer on the baking tray. Roast (flipping one time) for 40 mins until soft and beginning to char.
When prepared, let to cool for ten mins and toss with the spinach leaves, pomegranate seeds and feta with vinegar.
Photo by Karen Booth