- 4 boned pork loin steaks
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 10 tbsp natural breadcrumbs
- salt and black pepper to taste
- lard for frying
Pork Loin Schnitzels – Polish Traditional Recipe
This dish is pretty straightforward and quick in preparation.
- Wash 4 boned pork loin steaks thoroughly and dry with kitchen towel
- Place the meat steaks on the chopping board (meat) and flatten the steaks to around 0.5cm thin each using meat hammer (tenderizer). You may want to cover with kitchen cling film to make it easier to clean afterwards.
- Season the steaks with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste and set aside.
- Whisk 2 eggs in the bowl, add the flour to another bowl or breadcrumbs to the 3rd one.
- Preheat pan with some lard for frying and set it to medium heat.
- Dip the tenderized pork loin steaks in whisked egg, dust in flour, shake off the excess of flour and lastly cover in breadcrumbs. Repeat the process for each steak to create tasty schnitzels.
- Fry the ‘schabowe’ pork schnitzels until golden on each side.
- Server with cooked potatoes (or French fries) and fried sauerkraut or salad. Enjoy.
Some may want to use oil for frying however to keep the schnitzel dish traditional it should be fried using lard. I guess this is the matter of personal preferences. The dish still tastes great if you use grapeseed oil for frying.
Instead of potatoes you can server the schnitzel with French fries or mashed potatoes.