- 2 red peppers, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 courgettes, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil (UK)*
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary sprigs (or 2 tsp dried mixed herbs)
- 375g sheet puff pastry
- 1 free range egg, plus 2 egg yolks
- 227ml double cream
- 40g Parmigiano Reggiano, finely grated
- 100g feta cheese
- 25g pine nuts (UK)*
serve with fresh basil
* These items contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a small commission if you make a purchase using these links.
How to make quiche
- First set the oven to 190°C/ 170°C fan.
- Add pepper, courgettes, garlic, oil and herbs into a dish and roast for 35min, stirring now and then.
- In the meantime lightly greased 20cm round tart tin, roll the pastry sheet out a bit wider and use it to line a tin.
- Make a few holes with a fork in the pastry base, cover with baking paper and baking beans or dried pasta if you like, and bake for 10 mins. Then remove the paper and beans and bake for another 5 mins.
- Put the vegetables on the pastry base.
- In a separate bowl mix eggs, cream, grated cheese, add black pepper, then pour over the veg. Sprinkle the feta and pine nuts on top. Bake for 30-35 mins. You can cover quiche with foil after 15 mins to stop it going too brown.
We're sorry you didn't like this recipe!
Let us improve this recipe!
Tell us how we can do to improve this recipe?